Sunday, July 13, 2008

Satchmo was right!

Currently I am sitting in my hotel room in Johannesburg having travelled all the way from San Diego. My itinerary was via Heathrow. Very simply, just want to detail something I saw on the way which proves just how beautiful this planet of ours is. And, why we need to look after it.
After taking off from Heathrow on British Airways BA057 at just after nine in the evening, we climbed into the clouds. England at this time of year still has daylight savings and the sun was still bathing the green countryside with it's fading warmth as we set off.
When we poked through the clouds I got to see the sun shining over what seemed to be a pillow of the softest fabric you'd ever feel. Glistening like a perfect kimono. Then, the pilot banked the aircraft to the right in order to head us toward Africa. At that moment, I got to experience the exact opposite sensation. The moon in all its full glory. Reflecting the suns rays down onto the same pillow of cloud. What a sight. Won't forget it in a hurry. Also one of those times where not getting the preferred aisle seat was a bonus.
What a wonderful world!

No comments: