I am really jealous of my wife. Kindly let me elaborate as to why.
Today was the first day back to school for my son. He is in grade two this year and was jumping out of his boots to get back into it today. I went along and got to help unpack his new pencil case, reading materials and books. I got to see where his classroom is, where he sits and where he will kick the football with his mates during breaks. For a brief moment I got to live in his world. I got to experience what it is like to be seven years old again. That is why I am jealous of my wife.
I don't get to live in my kids' world as much as she does.
Sure, that is a 'life decision' and as the 'bread winner' it is incumbent upon me to do the responsible thing and keep a solid job. That is the choice I/we made and I am comfortable with that. It still doesn't mean that I can't feel even a little bit envious of the fact that my wife gets to see and experience feelings that I might only get to experience rarely.
So to all you parents who are lucky enough to stay home and look after the kids; spare a thought for us out in the workforce because we are often sparing a thought for all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment